Pick and Buy Limited, the owner of Winner's Supermarkets ("Pick & Buy"), respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
Pick & Buy ("we" or "our" in this privacy notice) , as the personal data controller of each visitor to this website, is responsible for the collection as well as the processing of your personal data, in compliance with the Mauritian Data Protection Act 2017 (the “Law”). This notice is intended to inform you about how Pick & Buy collects and processes your personal data through your use of this site, including the data you provide on this site when you create an account for any online purchase.
This site is not intended for minors and we do not knowingly collect data relating to minors.
WHO ARE WE?
Pick & Buy Ltd is a private company incorporated in Mauritius. Our registered office is situated at Winner's House, Al‑Madina St, Port Louis, Mauritius.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about a living individual from which, that individual can be directly or indirectly identified.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different types of personal data about you such as:
• Identity data including first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender
• Contact data includes billing address, delivery address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
• Financial data includes bank account and payment card details.
• Transaction data includes details of payments you have made as well as other details about products and services you have purchased from us.
• Technical data includes the IP address, your connection data, browser type and version, time zone and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technologies on the devices you use to access this site.
• Profile data includes your username and password, the purchases or orders you have made, your preferences, your comments and your survey responses.
• Usage data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
• Marketing and communications data include your preferences for communications and interactions with us.
Please note that some data collected are mandatory (and earmarked by an *) to access our services and others are voluntary.
When we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you do not provide this data on request, we may not be able to fulfill your order and associated services. In this case, we reserve the right to cancel your order and we will keep you informed.
We use different methods to collect your personal data, including:
• Via direct interactions - You can communicate your identity, contact details and financial details to us by filling out forms or by contacting us by post, telephone, e-mail or otherwise.
These interactions include:
o during a technical support action,
o when requesting us to contact you;
o when requesting information about us:
o when you purchase our products or services;
o when you create an account on our website;
o when you subscribe to our service, our newsletter or any of our publications;
o when you request that promotional offers be sent to you;
o when you enter a contest, promotion or survey; or
o when you give your opinion or post a comment on the products and services marketed on the website.
• Via technologies or automated interactions. - When you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, navigations and models. We collect this personal data through cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive technical data about you if you visit other sites that use our cookies as specified in section 10.
The use of your personal data is made only within the legal scope, and in all circumstances, in accordance with the provisions of the Law. We will only use your personal data in the following circumstances:
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and the reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Any personal data that we collect from you can be used to:
• register you as a new customer.
• process and deliver your order, including:
o Manage payments, fees and charges
o Collect and recover money owed to us within the limits of the authorization you have given us.
• manage our relationship with you by:
o asking you to share your opinion with us or to participate in a survey.
• allow you to participate in prize draw or to participate in a contest.
• To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and data hosting).
• provide you with relevant content on our website as well as advertisements and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we send you.
• use data analytics to improve our website, products / services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences.
• make suggestions and recommendations to you on products or services that may be of interest to you.
From time to time, we could use your name and contact information to send you marketing communications in the following cases:
1. if you have requested information from us; or
2. whether you have purchased any products or services; or
3.whether you provided us with your contact details when you registered for our website and,
in each case, if you have not opted out of receiving marketing communications.
You can choose to stop receiving marketing communications, SMS or newsletters by opting-out at any time and free of charge, by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each of our marketing communications or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Pick & Buy, or through your Winners account or via the Contact us section at any time by logging into the site.
When you opt out of receiving these marketing communications, this choice is specific and does not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product / service purchase, warranty registration, product experience / service or other transactions.
We do not sell or trade your personal data to third parties.
Your personal data may be shared as follows:
Please also note that some disclosures do not require your consent. This happens when we share your personal data with (i) law enforcement bodies/agencies and other statutory authorities, if required by law and (ii) if required or authorized by law or if we suspect any unlawful activities on your part.
When you provide us with your personal data to (i) complete a transaction, (ii) verify your credit card, (iii) place an order, (iv) schedule a delivery or (v) return a purchase, you explicitly consent to this that we collect your personal data and that we use it for this purpose only.
If we ask you to provide us with your personal information for another reason, for example for marketing purposes, we will explicitly ask for your consent. The provision of this information is purely voluntary, and you may opt out of receiving our marketing communications at any time by unsubscribing to these communications.
A website can only read and write cookies that belong to it.
When browsing the site, cookies make it possible to "recognize" your browser, for the duration of your visit ("session cookie") or during several visits ("persistent cookie"). Cookies can have several roles and are used on our site:
- for technical reasons (session identification, storage of preferences, etc.) in order, for example, to adapt the presentation of the site to the configuration of your terminal.
- for the purposes of statistical analysis and traffic management allowing us, for example, to improve the ergonomics of the site and the interest of our services.
"Adobe Flash Player" ™ is a widely used computer solution for creating interactive multimedia content. It also uses small files to store information, but the technology used is different from that used for cookies. The management of your choices regarding confidentiality must be managed in a specific way.
You can manage Flash content related to your browsing via the Adobe Flash Player manager:
In some cases, we may need to transfer your personal data with organizations located in countries outside our territorial limits in order to provide our services to you. We will take appropriate safeguards in order to secure the personal data being transferred.
Our Site is hosted on Azure.
FRCI is our e-commerce solution provider, enabling us to deliver our products and services to you online.
Your data is stored in the data storage system and databases of FRCI, and in the general application of FRCI. Your data is kept on a secure server protected by a firewall.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or viewed in an unauthorized manner, modified or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a legitimate need to know about it for the proper performance of the contract we have with you. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and will be subject to a similar obligation of confidentiality. We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulatory body of any breach in accordance with legal provisions.
This website may include links to third party websites, plug-ins and applications. By clicking on these links or by activating these connections, it is possible that third parties may collect or share data concerning you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy policies. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of each website you visit
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including to meet legal, accounting or analytics purposes. Therefore, we undertake to erase your personal data when it will no longer be useful or appropriate to us taking into account the terms and conditions of the contract, we have with you. To determine the retention period of personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm resulting from the unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data and the reasons for which we process your personal data.
In accordance with the applicable laws on the protection of personal data, you can at any time:
• Request access to your personal data.
• Request correction of the personal data we hold about you.
• Object to the processing of your personal data.
• Request that your personal data be erased.
There may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your requests, typically in relation to a request to erase your personal data or where you object to the processing of your personal data for a specific purpose or where you request that we restrict the use of your personal data where we need to keep your personal data to comply with a legal obligation or where we need to use such information to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim. To make these requests, or if you have any questions or complaints about how we handle your personal data, or would like us to update the data we maintain about you and your preferences, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the address set out under section 18 below.
We have appointed a Personal Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) who is responsible for overseeing matters relating to this privacy notice and our compliance to the Law in general. If you have any questions regarding this privacy notice, and / or if you wish to exercise your rights relating to the collection and use of your personal data under the Law, please contact the DPO using the information below.
Recipient: The Data Protection Officer
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Al Madina Street, M1 motorway, Cassis, Port Louis
Phone number: +230 202 07 00
If you believe we have not handled your request in an appropriate manner, you may lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner (DPC) (The Data Protection Office, 5th floor, SICOM Tower, Wall Street Ebène, Mauritius). However, we ask that you please try to resolve any issues with us first before referring your complaint to the DPC.
In accordance with the Legislation, this website has been created with the aim of providing you with complete and transparent information. However, we reserve the right to modify this notice at any time. Therefore, we invite you to consult this privacy notice regularly. Any changes and clarifications will take effect immediately after their posting on the website. If we make any changes to the content of this notice, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you know what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it, if it should be done.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is always accurate and up to date. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your connection with us.
Version dated: 01st of October 2020