Cook time : 55 mins | Preparation : 45 mins | Serving : 2 persons | Course : Main dish | Difficulty : Medium | Dietary : pescatarian
A romantic dinner is always a good way to express your love and dazzle your better half. This Valentine’s Day share a special time with your beloved throughout this exquisite love concoction.
• 300 g basmati rice
• 1 onion
• turmeric powder
• 1 pinch saffron threads
• 1 bunch of coriander
• 1/2 bunch of parsley
• 2 teaspoon juice of a lemon
• 1 branch curry leaf
Method for the saffron rice
1. Peel and chop the onions. Wash the herbs and set aside.
2. In a saucepan, boil the rice, add some turmeric powder and the pinch of saffron threads for the yellow color. Gradually add some lemon juice and a little salt. Leave to cook for about 15 - 20 minutes.
3. Drain the rice and keep aside.
3. In a frying pan, deep-fried the onions until brownish and add the chicken curry leaves.
4. Add the rice to the pan and cook for 5 - 10 min.
5. Sprinkle with parsley and cilantro and mix well. Reserve for later
Prawn skewers with paprika
• 400g raw peeled 16/20 shrimp
• 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons of white wine
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 1 teaspoon of thyme
• 50 g of butter
• 150 ml pomegranate juice.
• ½ pomegranate (optional)
• Cherry tomatoes (optional)
• 1 large clove of chopped garlic
• Paprika powder
Method for Prawns Skewers
1. In a recipient, prepare a marinade of lemon and pomegranate juice, white wine, olive oil, thyme, salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, minced garlic and add some pepper.
2. Put the peeled shrimp in the marinade. Keep cold for 1 to 2 hours.
3. Once well marinated, prick them in skewers.
4. In a hot pan, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then grill them over high heat for 1 min per side, turning.
5. In a saucepan, bring the leftover marinade to a boil and add a little butter then cover the skewers with the sauce.
Pan seared seasonal veggies
• 2 carrots
• 1 zucchini
• 1 broccoli
• 100 g green beans
• 1 red bell pepper
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 1 red onion
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 1/2 cup vegetable broth
• Few leaves of fresh herbs coriander, mint and parsley
Method for the pan seared vegetables
1. Peel the garlic, onion, and carrots. Cut the green beans in half and separate the florets from the broccoli. Seed the pepper and remove the green and white parts. Slice the carrots, zucchini, bell pepper, and onion into strips or julienne. Chop the garlic cloves.
2. Blanch the carrots, beans, broccoli, zucchini separately in boiling water with a little salt for 2 - 3 min.
3. Heat a wok, pour in the olive oil, then start by sautéing the garlic and onion over high heat for a few minutes, then add the vegetables, and pan for about 10 minutes, still over high heat, stirring regularly.
4. At the end of cooking, add a little vegetable broth and stir until the broth is completely absorbed.
5. Sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs, mint, flat parsley.
6. Season if necessary.
Serves hot and pairs well with white or rosé wine.