Cook time : 4-5 hr | Preparation : 40 mins | Serving : 6 persons | Course : dessert | Difficulty : Easy | Dietary : Vegan
This fancy dessert honors the colours of our Mauritian flag ! A refreshing way to celebrate the independence of our country.
• 1/2 lt milk
• 40cl coconut milk
• 2 tablespoon agar-agar
•70 gm sugar
• 1 packet vanilla sugar
- In a small container, dilute the agar-agar with 2 tablespoons of milk.
- In a saucepan, combine the milk, coconut milk, sugar, vanilla sugar, and agar-agar.
- Bring everything to boil, lower the heat and let simmer for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Remove the pan from the heat, pour the preparation into the verrines.
- Let them cool and place them in the refrigerator for a few hours.
Colored sagoo pearls:
• 2 ½ cup sagoo
• Food colouring red, blue, yellow, green
• 3 tablespoon sugar
• Vanilla essence
- Soak the sagoo for 15-20 minutes.
- Then wash it under running water, drain excess water and keep it aside.
- In a saucepan pour water, bring the soaked sagoo to boil and then reduce the heat to the lowest. Let the sago cook on a low flame, until the sagoo gets soft and transparent.
- Drain the cooked sagoo, and washed it with clean water.
- Separate the pearls from the water and add sugar and a little vanilla to taste.
- Divide the saggoo in 4 bowls and add drops of the food colouring.
- Keep refrigerate for about 1 -2 hours.
- Take out the verrines from the refrigerator and when the panna cotta is well set, place the coloured sagoo starting with green, yellow, blue and red.
- Keep refrigerate until serving.