Cook time : 45 mins | Preparation : 15 mins | Serving : 4 persons
Indian food lovers will love this easy homemade recipe of the famous 'Ti puri'. Usually served during wedding, it goes well with any curry of your choice!
• 2 cups of self-raising flour
• 1 cup of white flour
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 3 tablespoon milk powder
• 2 table melted butter
• warm water
• Oil for deep-frying.
- Mix both flour, salt, milk powder, melted butter together in a large bowl.
- Add a little warm water at a time and knead to form a dough.
- Coat it with some drops of oil and set aside for at least 15-30 minutes.
- Then, knead the dough once again and divide it into small balls.
- Flatten the smooth round ball and with the help of a rolling pin, shape it to an even round disc to a thickness of 2mm.
- Allow the oil to be well heated and slide gently the puri from its side.
- Once the puri starts to float, gently press one side with a frying spoon to help the puri to puff up.
- Continue the cooking of the puri on both sides.
- Remove the puri and drain the excess of oil before placing it on an absorbent paper towel.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the dough balls.
- Serve with curry of your choice!