Hillbrow posthumous Champion Miler
The Swan – Duke Of York Cup was the fifth and final leg of the Milers’ championship. Looking at the final scoreboard, we can say it was a very competitive championship right from the start.
In the end, the title goes to the late Hillbrow, whose win in the La Coupe Du Cent Cinquantenaire and 3rd place in the MTC Bicentenary Trophy was enough to give him the crown with 9 points. His title provides some cheer for the yard of Shirish Narang, who have performed well this season.
Hillbrow finishes 2 points ahead of four horses tied for 2nd : the late Blow Me Away, Tandragee, Karraar and Ready To Attack who have won the respective races of the championship.
The two previous champions Kremlin Captain and One Cool Dude tied for 7th place, together with Hard Day’s Night and Scotsnog.
1. Hillbrow (S.Narang) – 9 points
2. Blow Me Away (R.Gujadhur)/Tandragee (Gujadhur)/Karraar (G.Rousset)/Ready To Attack (Gujadhur) – 7 points
6. Easy Lover (J-M.Henry) – 4 points
7. Kremlin Captain (Gujadhur)/One Cool Dude (R.Maingard)/Hard Day’s Night (R.Gujadhur)/Scotsnog (G.Rousset) – 3 points
11. Charles Lytton (G.Rousset)/Enaad (Gujadhur)/Beat The Retreat (P.Merven)/Oomph (J-M.Henry) – 2 points
15. Chinese Gold (R.Maingard)/Elite Class (R.Maingard)/Parachute Man (R.Maingard)/Speed Limit (R.Maingard) – 1 point
This Saturday sees the one remaining championship entering its conclusion – the Stayers’ championship. La Coupe des Presidents is the fifth and final leg of this championship.
Ref : www.mauritiusturfclub.com